[Fedora-ambassadors-list] meeting notes fedora ambassadors Dec 22, 14:00 UTC

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 14:05:07 UTC 2005

On 12/24/05, Patrick Barnes <nman64 at n-man.com> wrote:
> Anyone else who is considering nominating themselves or others should be
> aware that it is not a casual commitment to be taken lightly.  You must
> be ready and able to devote the necessary time and resources, and should
> not accept a position if there is any chance you will have to walk
> away.  A position on the SC should not be treated as temporary or a way
> to contribute casually.  There may not be a defined 'term' for a
> position on the SC.  Accepting a position is making a solid commitment
> to the Fedora Project.  If you are looking for a more casual position,
> the status of Ambassador is perfect, and there may be other
> opportunities in the future to take on additional responsibilities.

+1

Further, I confirm my desire to be on the SC.

And in reaction to Gerold's remark about "reading between the
lines"--the requirement of a certain level of experience and proven
commitment seems to be justified for all who want to lead the
Ambassadors project. I hope I stated this clearly in my notes, and not
only "between the lines."

Cheers,

Check out the new content on Fedora Project page! http://fedoraproject.org