[Fedora-ambassadors-list] meeting notes fedora ambassadors Dec 29, 22:00 UTC

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 00:25:38 UTC 2005

Next meeting:
Location: irc.freenode.net, channel #fedora-mktg
Time: January 5, 2006, 14:00 UTC

Today's meeting (listing active participants only):
Attending: ChitleshGoorah, rwhetsel, nman64, GeroldKa, mether

Discussed:

1
Steering committee members confirmed:
    * Patrick Barnes (nman64)
    * Thomas Chung (tchung)
    * Greg DeKoenigsberg (gregdek)
    * Alex Maier (Chair pro tem) (lxmaier)
    * Rahul Sundaram (mether)
    * Robert Whetsel (rwhetsel)

We are still one or two (depending whether Greg can be an active
member) members short, so if anyone hears the call of duty, please
step up.

For the first week or so Alex will continue to lead this group after
which the Committee will either confirm her as permanent Chair or have
one of the members step up himself.

The SC is there mostly to decide on priorities, such as what event to
spend the money on, and to make sure we set the goals for the group
and decide on the guidelines if necessary.

2
More ambassadors should be contributing to the
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/PressArchive

3
Jan 31 - Feb 2, 2006   Solutions Linux 2006    Paris, France
we seem to have missed the deadline to secure a spot for fedora, so
aurelien will be representing us on the local LUG booth. it is
suboptimal but better than nothing.
Chitlesh Goorah estimates he will need EUR 160 to be able to attend
Solutions Linux. SC will decide whether we can give Chitlesh money and
if yes, how much?

4
Feb 8-10, 2006   LinuxAsia 2006   New Delhi India
Rahul has provided a draft presentation under:
http://people.redhat.com/sundaram/Fedora.sxi
Please everyone take a look and give constructive feedback and/or
learn from Rahul (mether)
if we can get shwag flyers cd/dvds etc that would be nice. Sankarshan
Mukhopadhyay (sm|CPU) needs to talk about that, since he said he might
be able to arrange it himself

ChitleshGoorah: if these flyers can be posted online it would be
useful to me during the install parties

5
Mar 29 - Apr 2, 2006   Minibit Loerrach    Loerach, Germany
GeroldKa has got the booth for his LUG
6 x 2 sqm (20x10 square ft)
Would be cool to have some schwag and maybe a flag or a banner for the
show. It all depends on the fulfillment for Fedora.

7
Alex will re-confirm fedora budget with Red Hat and submit it to the
SC and later, once SC goes over it and approves, we'll post it to the
list.

8
as both gregdek__ and lxmaier have day jobs, we cannot guarantee
timely delivery before we have a working fulfillment system. We were
hoping we would have a working automated fulfillment system for
ambassadors sooner... but it is not as easy as we all hoped.

We are considering two fulfillment companies who can produce DVDs,
CDs, t-shirts, pens, and anything else that can be manufactured, on
demand for us.

9
email at fedoraproject.org
it seems to be easy to do, but someone has to do it... and in all
likelihood it will be sopwith :)
That's largely waiting on a Fedora Infrastructure project to be
completed.  Elliot I guess hasn't returned from the holidays yet.

10
We have seen a lot of new recruits in the ambassadors team lately. We
should encourage them to show up at the meetings.
Please see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/HowTo for minimal
requirements.
All newbies, please be sure that if you are not active during your
probation of 30 days, your status will remain "inactive" after this
time, and no schwag will be sent to you until you begin to contribute
actively to meetings, discussions, and wiki.
One good place to contribute is
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/PressArchive in your local
language. We need more articles on this page, and I know they are out
there!

11
Alex has also pinged a few remaining folks without wiki pages to build
them. We need to make sure all ambassadors are easily reachable by
public, and a wiki page is essencial for this.

12
A note for the new ones in the meeting, the meeting times alterate
each week, by 8 hours--to accommodate ambassadors in all the regions
So the next meeting will be at 14:00 UTC, on thu, Jan 5
14 UTC = 9am Eastern = 15 CET

--
Check out the new content on Fedora Project page! http://fedoraproject.org