[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Welcome to the team!

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 22:13:49 UTC 2005

Hello dear Fedora Ambassadors!

I am glad to welcome you to the team.

We have some exciting tasks ahead of us, spreading the good word about
Fedora and I would like to take this opportunity to make sure you all
know what this team is all about.

First of all, we represent Fedora to the rest of the world. Please
remember this at all times! I encourage you to read
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Conduct and to ask questions
here on this list whenever in doubt.

Second, we are the ones responsible for making sure the world knows
about Fedora. How do we do this?
We go to all sorts of events, IT, Linux, or maybe even music and art
shows and talk with people about advantages of Fedora and Open Source
software to them.
It is important to remember that most people out there would not be
able to name more than two operating systems, and that the advantages
of OSS are not obvious to them.
So please if you have not spoken with complete newbies about Fedora,
Linux, OSS etc in a while, do your homework. Here is a good place to
start: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/TalkingPoints

Third, please also keep your eyes open for events that would let
Fedora ehibit or have a talk for free or for *very* little money.
If you find such an event, alert the rest of us on the list, and we
will decide whether to go there and if yes what materials you will
receive, and what funds we can make available for you.

You can also order some material for giving out -- use the online form
at http://fedoraproject.org/forms/AmbassadorForm.html
We will add other goodies with time.

And lastly, please be sure to recruit others to support you in the
region you are representing. We should aim to have at least two folks
in each region, but ideally more is better--and if you are travelling
or ill, or if we need to cover multiple events it is always good to
have someone to jump in for you.

Okay, that is basically it. Please ask questions if something is unclear!

Cheers,

New content on FUDCon page!
http://fedoraproject.org/fudcon

FUDCon: