[Fedora-ambassadors-list] How about a Meeting?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 19:29:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 07:24 -0500, Alex Maier wrote:
> Well now that we are reaching the critical mass on this list, I would
> like to call our first meeting:
>
>                                 UTC-time
>                                  Raleigh
>                                   Berlin
>                                 Brisbane
>                                   Mumbai
>                               Thursday,
>                              November 24,
>                                2005 at
>                                14:00:00
>                              Thu 9:00 AM
>                              Thu 3:00 PM
>                              Fri Midnight
>                              Thu 7:30 PM
>
> I hope it works for everybody.

Ordinarily, perhaps.  However, that day is a holiday in the US and I am
not going to be getting up at 6 am for a meeting.  :)

So, I guess I'll see you next time.

> I will assume that silence means consent, so please complain now if
> the time is bad for you.

I disagree with this concept.  Silence just as often means that you got
missed in the noise of daily life.  If you rely upon this, you are
likely to be disappointed with the results.

Lightweight consensus style usually requires a couple of +1s or -1s to
show where everyone is headed.  Those who care, post.

So, I'll throw in a -1 with the caveat that I know what a difficulty it
is to schedule a global meeting.  Monday or Friday is much better for me
for that time, as I am working already.  If I have to get up especially
for a voluntary meeting, I'm likely not to.

> We currently have 20 subscribers to the list. I think 10 folks will
> constitute a quorum.

Normally I'd suggest a majority, but perhaps this won't matter for
Ambassadors.

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject