[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FOSDEM -Brussel-

Hornain Frederic Frederic.Hornain at GB.BE
Tue Nov 29 16:07:15 UTC 2005

Dear Alex,

Following our previous mail - see below (ref : #2) -, I have contacted the FOSDEM Team - see below (ref : #1) - in order to get more information about this event.

So now, I am going to represent definitvely Fedora at the FOSDEM in Brussel.
I am not going to be the only one.

	>Just to give you an idea of the event, here are the other folks having stands at FOSDEM 2006 (at
	>least, up to now): O'Reilly, FSF, Gnomemeeting, Debian, OpenGroupware, GNUstep, Mozilla Foundation,
	>openWengo, Jabber and openSUSE
	>(as you can see, you'll be in nice company)

As soon as possible I am going to update the http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents web page

So as you have already organized such events, maybe you could give me one or two advices.
For instance, do I have to only install Fedora on PC ? Or maybe specific implementations like Xen...

In addition, I will have need to get some advertising boards, banners, Fedora CDs/Live CDs, some swags, Buisiness cards and so on...

BTW I think I will be one day at the "solution Linux" in Paris, but it is not sure yet.

BR
Fred

Fedora-ambassadors-list mailing list
Fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com

/#1//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

> [...]
>information desk to the end of the building, serving access to the various rooms (where we have the
>so-called "devrooms", where projects make talks, conferences, ...). Note that we also have a lot of
>devrooms in the A-building but no stands over there.
>The main talks are held in much larger rooms, in other buildings. Nevertheless, there's a big crowd
>going up & down the hall all the time (Saturday is particularely busy).
>
>We actually kick off the event at 10:30 on Saturday, with our 2 introductory talks in the largest
>room (Janson, 1400 seats) and there are no other activities taking place during that time (until 12:30).
>
>So for the devrooms and the stands, the effective kick-off is at around 12:30.
>You can come to the H building from 09:00 on (on Saturday), at the information desk at the main
>entrace, and we'll point you to the table that has been assigned to your stand.
>You'll have plenty of time to build up your stand then.
>Note that we provide you with the following:
>- - wireless internet connectivity
>- - power (but make sure to bring along your plugs)
>- - a table (width between 1m60 and 1m80)
>- - 2 or 3 chairs, depending on what you need
>
>We'll do our best to give network connectivity (only wireless for the stands) as early as possible,
>we but only "guarantee" it from 12:00 on. Nevertheless, it will most probably be available from,
>say, 10:00 on (our network staff works hard but it's a large area to service).
>
>We close doors on 18:00 (both days). Sunday starts at 09:00.
>
>We provide a hardware insurance to cover the stuff you'll bring along (notebook, etc...).
>But you have to send us the following information for every piece of hardware:
>- - hardware type (notebook, switch, ...)
>- - vendor and model (e.g. Dell Latitude D800)
>
>- - an approximation of its _current_ value
>- - a unique identifier or serial number that's visible on it
>Note that the insurance is free of charge. Entrance, participation, devrooms and stands are free as
>well. We welcome donations though ;)
>
>Just to give you an idea of the event, here are the other folks having stands at FOSDEM 2006 (at
>least, up to now): O'Reilly, FSF, Gnomemeeting, Debian, OpenGroupware, GNUstep, Mozilla Foundation,
>openWengo, Jabber and openSUSE
>(as you can see, you'll be in nice company)
>
>Devrooms: KDE, Embedded development, Mozilla, OpenGroupware/GNUstep, openSUSE, Tcl/tk, Jabber, GNU
>Classpath, X.org, Calibre, Ada, Debian, GNOME.
>
>+ the main tracks and the many speakers
>
>Hope this helps ;)
>
>If you have any more questions, feel free to contact us => stands at fosdem.org
>
>cheers
>- --
>  -o) Pascal Bleser <loki at fosdem.org>    http://www.fosdem.org
>  /\\      FOSDEM 2006 :: 25+26 February 2006 in Brussels
> _\_v Free and Opensource Software Developers European Meeting