[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Concentration of Ambassadors

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Nov 30 07:39:53 UTC 2005

We need to establish a clear policy now with regard to how many
Ambassadors we want in each region.  The original aim of the CMC program
was to have one contact in each nation, with two in the larger nations.
We now have more than this listed in some places.  I have no objections
to allowing Ambassadors to have assistants, but we need to, IMHO, keep
the window between the Fedora Project and Ambassadors relatively
narrow.  What we need is a policy that states what kind of concentration
we want for Ambassadors and how we handle pruning of inactive or deviant
Ambassadors to make room for more active and reliable volunteers.  If we
want to establish a process to assist Ambassadors in enlisting helpers,
I think that would be great.  The very idea of an ambassador in other
contexts is to provide a single, key point-of-contact between two
entities.  Ambassadors act as the diplomatic leads, providing the
gateway between nations and mediating the relationship.  They will
always have people assisting them in their goals, but the ambassador
themselves has no competing equivalent.  I think that having two
Ambassadors per nation would be wise, but not the four or more we
already have listed for some nations.  If we need to introduce some kind
of 'embassy' to help Ambassadors coordinate between each other and with
other help, we can do that, but we should avoid going crazy introducing
new Ambassadors.  Opinions?

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com