[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Report on "A day with Fedora"

Hi,
I am back. The event, "A day with Fedora" ended properly except a few moments.
Here is the report:

I reached Durgapur on 3rd April. That was a holiday in BCREC college, but my
dgplug colleagues were there to do the final work. We checked the banners,
seminar room etc. We also burned a few copies of FC5 DVD in night.

The next day started properly. There were four speakers, Me , Indranil
Dasgupta, Sayamindu Dasgupta & Soumyadip Modak. There were around 120
students.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126889972/in/set-72057594104413249/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126890182/in/set-72057594104413249/
First we played "Truth Happens", it took lot of attention.

The first speech was from  Indranil named "All about Fdora".
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126890302/in/set-72057594104413249/
The slides was made Sankarshan & IDG.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126890420/in/set-72057594104413249/
It lasts around 2 hours. He first talked about FOSS, then stared how Fedora
project fits in. A few M$ lover asked why Linux?? and got perfect punch back
to them & the first half ended that way.
We distributed FC4 DVDs & tee as the reward of asking questions.

The second session started with my talk.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126892052/in/set-72057594104413249/
I was talking about different apps in FC5 & I opened them one by one as the
slides goes on. But suddenly current was gone, hopefully it came back with 10
minutes. During that time we had lots of question about the applications in
Fedora.

Third talk was from Sayam, he showed a bengali KDE in FC5. His talk was mainly
about  how to translate. Then Soumyadip showed some live translation example,
he mainly came to talk about translation for Ubuntu.
The last talk was again from Sayam, "Programming in Linux". That started with
basic C programming to GTK programming.
The day ended with Soumya's vote of thanx.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126893037/in/set-72057594104413249/

In the next day we had a Install fest in the college lab. In the first half a
complete loadshading was there, so we started from the second half.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126893566/in/set-72057594104413249/
First I showed the installation process in a box.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126894278/in/set-72057594104413249/
Then the students started installing in the boxes one after another.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126893763/in/set-72057594104413249/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126894932/in/set-72057594104413249/
Forget to tell you, that was my first text based installation, the boxes have
only 128MB ram.

At the end I had a very bad error.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126797188/in/set-72057594104413249/
It came only for one box. The same CD/DVD works fine in other boxes.

The points came up during the event was:
1. Why can't we do a full install in FC5?
2. How to use the DVD/CD to install apps using pirut ?
3. Fedora T-shirts, should have g-size(for girls) :) check
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126890542/in/set-72057594104413249/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/126890823/in/set-72057594104413249/

You can check the photos in
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88746839 N00/sets/72057594104413249/