[Ambassadors] FreeMedia India Distribution Backlash

Santosh Kumar santosh at fedoraproject.org
Sun Dec 3 14:15:03 UTC 2006

On 12/3/06, Siddharth Upmanyu <siddharth at techbugs.org> wrote:

> I would Like to add a few things to the discussion...
>
> 1.some kind "Shipment Tracking system" would not make any point. the
> FreeMedia program is volunteerly supported anyone who is accepting the
> requests is welcome but not a rigid expectation..

When  you do  voluntarily  accept a  Request, why don't we  fill  up  a
simple shipment tracking system?.  Once  the request is accepted which is
done voluntarily, it becomes the responsibility of him to make sure that he
ships the DVD which he's accepted,  on time else please do not accept.
There should be no problems in this as such, am ready to allocate some
server space and bandwidth (up to 5GB)  for this.

2.the shipping of Media depends on amount of resources put in by the
> contributing people and the planned efforts might differ to what is actually
> applied...in the october list a few requests were left unfulfilled and the
> notice of the same was put on the tracking page... to stop these things
> happening in future a different approach can be taken up like accepting a
> request just before shipping which will automatically imply a shipped
> media...

This is what initiated me to ask for a tracking system.

but there still be problems with this as this will not be convenient to the
> people requesting the media as the approval will be random in time...
> another will be to do the manual tracking on the Wiki itself but that too
> will have its own problems.

The main problem is still the large number of requests and less resources
> available which has to be sorted out first.

What we require here is a collaborated  effort in  ensuring  proper reach of
the DVDs. I kindly request the Silent Members of Team India to help us by
shipping a few DVDs every month.

I would suggest a pre meeting... in the beginning of every month before we
> start accepting the requests through the Request Page, a communication
> should take place between the connected people about the total expected
> capacity and contribution of individuals...

Yea, this is the need of the hour....  Let us mail each other / have a
meeting to decide upon how much everyone in the Team India can handle for a
given month.

Regards
--
Santosh Kumar