[Ambassadors] FOSDEM - February 2007 -

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 12 17:49:16 UTC 2006

On 12/11/06, Frederic Hornain wrote:
> Well, they are not against to the idea but
> they think it's a pity because all major FOSS events and projects avoid
> doing something around the time FOSDEM takes place, because they know
> it's a great event many people like to attend.
>
> For my part, I think that if FUDCON is a mean to Fedora developers,
> ambassadors, etc .. to meet each others and to do presentations and if
> FUDCON can be hold in the same time than other FOSS events, presentations,
> etc.. then I am convinced that Fudcon can take place during FOSDEM.
>
> Anyway, I am waiting for the FAD decision.

Hello,

Since the FOSDEM organizers aren't against with our FUDCon idea, I
think we should go through.

Frederic could you confirm our FUDCon event to the FOSDEM organizers ?

Fedora contributor and user bases are growing day by day in Europe
like any other region of the world. The Fedora Project being a true
contributor to the FOSS eco-system has attracted lots of european
contributors and users among those several play key roles in the
Fedora Project.

Having a FUDCon at FOSDEM, FOSDEM 2007 will be a crucial meeting place
for European Fedora contributors and other high-graded Fedora members
around the world. Fudcon is not internal withing the Fedora Project.
Anyone can come. A Fudcon subconference will attract additional
visitors to the main event. People will attend a couple of FUDCON
talks and _also_ talks of the main conference. That synergy is the
main point of a FUDCON.

So here is where we are, we will be sharing
- a devroom with Centos guys ( a request for another room hasn't been
replied yet )
- own stand (1x 2m width table in the hall) with Red Hat/JBoss

Next step, we should know the man/woman of contact:
- from Centos : (for the devroom sharing)
    Then we can schedule our FUDCon timetable accordingly.
- from RedHat/JBoss : (booth sharing)
    We should know whether Fedora and RedHat will have both enough
(equal) space and whether Fedora can have other resources from them.

Frederic or anyone, do you have a name for those persons ?

regards,
Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com