[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Re: Idea: Fedora in Library

David Barzilay barzilay at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 01:01:25 UTC 2006

Hi Chitlesh,

Interesting approach and great initiative!

That's exactly what we gotta do: offer the appropriate materials and
infrastructure for Ambassadors perform their "spread-the-word"
activities worldwide.

A couple of comments inline...

Em Seg, 2006-02-20 às 20:27 +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH escreveu:
> Ok, here I am again with FedoraLibraries
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/FedoraLibraries I have updated
> it some days ago.
>
> Following a discussion on #fedora-mktg, mether, cds, puneet_batura and
> I, Im starting the discussion again.
>
> Product: Fedora Core 5
> Target: Libraires
>
> My wish, for the moment, is that we need to establish a procedure to
> state what needs to be done by any ambassador to be able to launch
> this project in his/her local librairies.

more than a procedure, i'd call it a project...

> Ex:
> contact the director of the library

i'd include preparing a proposal here - outlining the scope, goals,
operation, resources, benefits and maybe a rough timeline of the project

pls contact me offline if you need a hand to create some sort of
template

> schedule a meeting
> give the ambassador appropriate tools for the meeting (what to say)
> Get an ISSN number.
> have a generic DVD case template
> build/apprend a wiki page to list the name of the libraries which
> supporting our project
> etc.
> do add more
>
> If we have this done, any ambassador or newcomer will have this
> material at his disposal for marketing.

true! the referred template can be "localized" into different markets