Re: [Fedora-ambassadors-list] Online Shopping With Fedora Stuff

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 22:24 +1000, Joshua Wulf wrote:

> I also think that's a very important point Karsten.
>
> Perhaps one way that we might avoid looking like the bad guys is to take
> the tack that someone who does not have permission to use the trademark
> is not "in violation", they are simply "in omission". They've forgotten
> to apply for permission because it slipped their mind or because we
> didn't make it sufficiently clear how to do so.
>
> If we make it easy for people who have omitted to apply to do so, by
> gently reminding them, and explaining why such a process is necessary,
> most people will comply. Those who don't will be the ones who are in
> violation.
>
> There's nothing like being accused of violating something to get people
> on the defensive. Especially when they haven't done anything wrong and
> their motives are innocent.

+1

Greg - can you make a note of that?  These are sins of omission until
commission is proven. :)

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject