[Fedora-ambassadors-list] The Grumpy Editor's Obviously Incorrect 2006 Predictions -- Jonathan Corbet/lwn.net

Tejas Dinkar tejasdinkar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 16:15:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 07:31 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Just FYI:
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/165351/
>
> [...]
> The Fedora project will have to make changes to preserve developer and
> user interest in 2006. Fedora is still hard to contribute to, its
> decision process is relatively opaque.

I won't comment on this. However, this IS the general opinion of ALL the
people that I have met. And not the johnny-come-lately who just picked a
copy of FC, and decided to crib, but people who have been around for
ages.

Whatever has happened so far, the general public is STILL under the
impression that we are the ginuea pigs for RHEL.

I won't name names, but this is the general opinion I have picked up in
MY experiences of using/promoting Fedora.

> /me wonders if we should use fedora-devel for this discussion, but
> sticks to fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com for now

Well, it is us ambassadors who are going to be asked these questions
when we talk. It is a good thing that you gave us the heads up...

Gja

--
Tejas Dinkar - tejasdinkar AT gmail DOT com

furbling, v.:
	Having to wander through a maze of ropes at an airport or bank
	even when you are the only person in line.
		-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"