[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Fedoraproject Meeting Importance?

Thijs thulshof at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 18:06:48 UTC 2006

Hi Nayyar,

I agree don't completely agree with you on the point of the probation period
(but I totaly understand your feelings). There is probably a probation
period because that makes is less easy for non-serious people to order
T-shirts / DVD's, etc. I guess there's a complete other mentality in your
country (Pakistan, relaxed people, and not very selfish. Correct me if I'm
wrong), but here in The Netherlands that think: "Anything I can get is good.
If I can get free T-Shirts, let 'm come! No matter whether there's a
Fedora-logo on it or not."

On the point about the meetings, I'd like to add something. I don't have
critizisms at the way things go right now, but please keep the following in
your mind in the future, maybe there will come a situation where this
information can be helpfull: I'm not able to make it to a meeting. At 14:00
UTC I'm at school, and at 22:00 I'm sleeping. Only in holidays I'm able to
make it to both meetings. Probably I'm not the only one with such
'problems'. So I think the activity of an Ambassador doesn't have very much
to do with being at meetings. Take me as an example, I'm quite active as an
Ambassador: Translating the FedoraFAQ, writing guides on Dutch
Fedora-community site's, spreading news about Fedora in Dutch, organising a
meeting In Real Life, etc.

Regards,
Thijs