[Ambassadors] Fedora Screencasting Project - once again

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 20 19:35:10 UTC 2006

[This is probably better discusssed in fedora-marketing list]

Pawel Sadowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am sending this e-mail again, cos nobody has responde. Maybe it's
> because it is a bad idea, I don't know... maybe it was lost in tons of
> mails... :) Anyway, I would be very grateful if you could give me a
> feedback on this :>

The video should fit the whole screen and it is too slow. If you are
using Istanbul, you can change the preferences to fix this.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting

> I have an idea for a new project in the Fedora World. It would be called
> Fedora Screencasting, as in the topic :) We would prepare movies with
> presentations how to do particular tasks in Fedora Core. Someting like
> Red Hat's Linux is Easy. I have prepared the examplary movie, you can
> get it at: http://republika.pl/mcgiwer/video.ogg. The videos would be in
> the .ogg format. We could also prepare e.g. flash or .avi animations to
> play directly from the website. I think it would be much helpful for new
> Fedora users. We could also prepare localized versions for different
> languages, I think it would not be many work and there would be people
> willing to do it :)

Not a new idea but it's always a effort.

> I am waiting for your opinions. If you think it is a good idea, I will
> prepare a Wiki page at http://fedoraproject.org and let's start! :)

There is already some videos and screenshots in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tours

Concentrating on the new features in Fedora Core 6 would be quite useful
at this point for a friendly introduction to new users. Most of the new
features would be there in test 2 release

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule

Rahul