[Ambassadors] Fedora Screencasting Project - once again

Pawel Sadowski mcgiwer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 20 20:22:37 UTC 2006

On 20-07-2006, thu at 15:54 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> >> I am sending this e-mail again, cos nobody has responde. Maybe it's
> >> because it is a bad idea, I don't know... maybe it was lost in tons of
> >> mails... :) Anyway, I would be very grateful if you could give me a
> >> feedback on this :>
>
> I just downloaded and watched your video Pawel, and I'm very impressed.  I
> love it when someone *take action* to make something happen, and this
> video is a perfect example.
>
> It's a great prototype -- Rahul had some suggestions about size or speed,
> or whatever, but those are just details of the program that was used.  I
> think it's a great example of how we can build a library of videos that
> can teach people Fedora.
>
> The key, in my opinion, is to talk slowly, and very clearly, in whatever
> language you are using, so that people can understand what is being said
> as easily as possible.
>
> I'd love to see you work on this more, and integrate with the
> ScreenCasting page that's already up on the wiki.  It's good stuff.
>
> My recommendation -- take Alex's list of topics that she started, and
> let's make a few videos using the fc6-test1 or -test2 install, so that we
> can have some video tutorials to roll out on the same day as fc6 -- we can
> link to them off of the redhat.com/fedora page, and off of fp.o, and add
> it to the "Tours" videos that already exist.

Thanks for your opinion, Max :) There are two short sound interrupts - I
think it's because of too slow computer or something. I have used
xvidcap, because it captures and records video and sound in the same
time. I have seen the videos Rahul has mentioned, but it was just
installation and presentation of the system, so the howtos on
particulart topics can be very valuable. I will prepare more videos on
the topics Alex has mentioned in her mail. I will integrate it with the
existing ScreenCasting page and install one of FC6 test versions and
perform it for the new release. I will also strive to speak as clearly
as I am able to :)

So let's start! :)

Regards,
Pawel