[Ambassadors] Embajadores en Castellano ?

"Guillermo Gómez S." guillermo.gomez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 20:59:47 UTC 2006

Alex Maier wrote:
> Guillermo,
>
> This is an international list, and out of respect for non-Spanish
> speakers, I would like to ask you to post in English on this list.
>
> If you have enough traction with organizing a Spanish-language group,
> and you have enough people, we can set you up with a separate mailing
> list.
>
> In the meantime, please be considerate of the folks who don't speak
> Spanish :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> On 7/27/06, "Guillermo Gómez S." <guillermo.gomez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> :) Por ahora tenemos dos canales conocidos: #fedora-es y #fedora-ve
>> (españa, venezuela).
>> Cualquiera de los dos es bueno para arrancar una reunion de
>> embajadores
>> hispanos. Tal vez podamos alternar entre ambos, para ser "neutrales" y
>> respetar la regionalidad. Podemos empezar en #fedora-es que tiene mas
>> audiencia.
>> Sugiero que se haga la próxima semana con agenda abierta. Si es
>> importante que definamos el horario para que los tres podamos estar
>> además de los usuarios regulares de #fedora-es.
>>
>> Guillermo
>>

>> Jorge Torres wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'll be there too :). Maybe we can arrange a meeting in #fedora-es.
>> >
>> > Jorge.

>> meeting and

>> > Para el caso de los embajadores, no veo con malos ojos que tengamos
>> > una reunión irc de tanto en tanto, aunque sea para saber
>> quiÃ(c)nes somos.
>> >
>> > Yo aún sigo medio perdido pero organizando u primer evento en
>> Venezuela.
>> >
>> > Saludos
>> >
>> > --
>> > Gomix
>> > Guillermo Gómez S.
>> > cms fedora-ve http://mambo.fedora-ve.org
>> > soporte fedora-ve en irc.freenode.net, canal fedora-ve
>> > lista email fedora-ve at googlegroups.com
>> > >>>
>> > --

>> > --
>> > Gomix
>> > Guillermo Gómez S.
>> > cms fedora-ve http://mambo.fedora-ve.org
>> > soporte fedora-ve en irc.freenode.net, canal fedora-ve
>> > lista email fedora-ve at googlegroups.com
>> >

>> --

Ok, i apologize, never meant disrespect to anyone, just trying to
gather some people together (spanish speaking ambassadors) to help
each other inside the ambassadors group.

Once again, my call is: "let's ge together and help each other as we
can". I don't have agenda right now, but we can build one starting
with the following points:

1.- Who/Where are we
2.- How help fedora spanish people to overcome the language barrier
and get involved (SouthAmerica only has 5 ambassadors in
Argentina/Colombia/Venezuela, not counting Brasil). Countries like
Chile, Bolivia, Perú, Ecuador, Panamá, have no single ambassador
listed in the wiki.
3.- How to organize and help organizing events in our countries
4.- We need spanish material for those events.

I propose to gather at #fedora-ve and #fedora-es alternate or to
register a new channel #fedora-embajadores for this purpose only. The
mailing list is a good idea, but i think we need to know if there is
enough active people interested.

I pulled a list of potential interested people from the wiki

    Juan Lentino (ar)
    Pablo Barrera (ar)
    Jorge Torres (co)
    Jose Tarazona (co)
    David Mora (cr)
    Mario Gamboa (mx)
    Jose Salgado (es)
    Guillermo Gómez (ve)(myself)

Please let me know how many of you consider this as a good idea before
pushing further.

kr

- --
lista email fedora-ve at googlegroups.com