[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Self-introduction: Dimitris Glezos

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Jun 5 21:20:17 UTC 2006

Hi all. Posting a self-introduction message for anyone who would like to
reference or read it.

1. Full name      - Dimitris G. Glezos (aka Jim)

2. City, Country  - Patras/Athens (Greece), Limassol (Cyprus)

3. Student status - PhD student

   * Research interests: Semantic web, Interoperability, Information
     integration & accessibility, Knowledge representation.

4. School         - University of Manchester, UK (previously
                    Comp Eng/ing @ CEID, Patras, Greece)

5. Your goals in the Fedora Project

  * What do you want to write about?

    - First of all, make Fedora have 100% greek support (that includes
      fonts that work, translations and docs).
    - Contribute to the docs project and marketing.
    - Goal: Increase the Fedora usage percentage in Greece and Cyprus.

  * What other documentation do you want to see published?

    - More user-friendly tutorials.
    - More complete and detailed roadmap, ideas etc, to enhance the
      community spirit.

6.  Historical qualifications

  * What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?

    Projects:
    - Software patents: Worked for two years as greek coordinator for
      the anti-software patents fight. Wrote a dozen press releases,
      lobbyied several times in the EU parliament and worked a lot with
      politicians & the media; contacted and referenced me many times.
    - Initiated & maintained the greek PHP manual translation
      for 2 years (Docbook).
    - LUGs: Coordinator of Cyprus LUG for some years.

    Writing:
    - I write a lot in my weblog, which could be characterized as
      "popular" in the greek tech world.
    - Got referenced by some greek computer magazines for "Aloha 2.6"
      article about 2.6 kernel arrival.

  * What level and type of computer skills do you have?

    - Much experience with portal development, PHP/XML/XSLT, database
      designing, scripting, Latex.
    - Portal/website usability & accessibility consultant.

  * What other skills do you have that might be applicable?

    - Good intuition/knowledge for usable UI design.
    - Lots, LOTS of ideas coming and going for almost everything around
      me (warning: this sometimes gets people frustrated...)
    - Amateur photographer and designer (websites, logos etc).

  * Why should we trust you?

    - Long-time FOSS and SwPat activist in Cyprus and Greece.
    - Coordinator and participant in many greek FOSS projects.
    - Always used real name for all e-life activities.

7. GPG KEYID and fingerprint

  pub   1024D/A5A04C3B 2002-09-23
      Key fingerprint = ED86 AFE1 512D C8A6 241D  0975 8080 8A81 A5A0 4C3B
  uid                  Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>
  sub   3072g/B0CF5ACE 2002-09-23

--
Dimitris Glezos