[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Fedora Stuff at Red Hat Cool Stuff Store

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 08:08:36 UTC 2006

On 6/15/06, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:

> Yes.  Step 1 was to get the US coolstuff store setup.  Step 2 is to figure
> out how to replicate a similar sort of setup in other geos, because
> clearly the shipping costs are insane out of the US.
>
> Shipping costs is the biggest problem that we have with swag, and we know
> it needs to be dealt with.

Possible solutions to the predicament (and I know there might be glitches in
implementing them)

o Hold on to the art work rights but allow local equivalents of ThinkGeeks
to come up (right now someone I know has been bugging me as to whether a
ThinkGeek or a Cafepress equivalent would be welcome by Red Hat as one of
the entities involved)

o Get BrandFuel to work out a reasonable pricing mechanism

o Figuring out if the presence of Red Hat offices locally could be leveraged

:Sankarshan

--
You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;