[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FC5 Promotion. Time is now!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 8 12:51:19 UTC 2006

David Barzilay wrote:

>No dramas in sharing the knowledge, but a press release is not the best
>way to do this. My thoughts points us to this plan:
>
>. Sending press release worldwide in as many languages we can,
>approaching FC in general, then focus on FC5 improvements (remember this
>might be the 1st time some people come across this sort of info as we
>are broadening our actions scope now)
>
>. Press release points to a URL (fedoraproject.org or the local website)
>where people can have more details and learn more about FC and FC5
>
>. The referred websites bring a web promo,
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5LaunchMediaPlan, linked to a fully-
>dedicated page for FC5 launch, that brings all major achievements and
>thorough explanations. Also including links to other sub-projects, how
>to contribute, etc

Here are some links that can be useful.

Overview - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview
Projects - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects
How to contribute - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpWanted
Communicate - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate
I18N websites - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommunityWebsites

>How does these sound?

Sounds good.

>If someone can tell me what are the **5 main "kick-ass-features" of FC5
>from a user perspective** and also provide me with their explanations,
>I'll write the press release.

Depends on what the end user is using Fedora for, there are a huge
number of improvements in the desktop, server and development world. The
overview presents most of the important details

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/OverView

Once this new press release is written, polish it with the feedback from
this list and others and publish it for translation. Then we can
probably link to it from the release announcement and viceversa in sync.

--
Rahul