[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Newbie - PatrickMcKelvey

Pat McKelvey pmckelvey at zoomtown.com
Mon Mar 13 16:48:57 UTC 2006

I am a newbie at this.  I read in the past minutes that there is a no
hats rule.  Where can I find the rules?  What is acceptable?

Also, perhaps a bullet list of the things that an Ambassador needs to be
able to do to function well in the Ambassadorial environment.  i.e. How
do you use the IRC, if you normally don't use it.

You need to do the following:
use gnupg  - see the man pages for that also ....
use seahorse - ....
Move your signature to pgp.mit keyserver ....
Sign a letter using your GPG signature .. {that can be found by using
gedit.  Eventually Thunderbird will have that option.  But Fedora C3
version does not.  How to do that can be found in the help and man pages
of gedit.}?
set up IRC to get on irc.freenode.net  How to do that can be found ...
connect to #fedora-mktg.  how to do that can be found ....
Carry on a conversation on that media how to do that can be found ....

I want to support Fedora.  I have 15-20 years experience as a system
administrator with UNIX and LINUX.  Some of this is new infrastructure
to me as my experience was focused in the box, not the internet.  I am
trying to set up an install event with the local Cincinnati LUG.  As the
release date is close, I expect I will down load the ISOs and take two
sets to the next meeting for those who want it NOW and dont want to wait.
--
Patrick C. McKelvey PE
(License E-45489 expires 12/31/2006)
pmckelvey at zoomtown.com