[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Invitation to Fedora Documentation Translation

Robert 'Bob' Jensen marketing-list at fedoralinks.org
Thu May 25 18:04:47 UTC 2006

Hello Ambassadors,

Some may think of this as Off Topic, but I am going for it anyhow.

You all know me as a member of the Ambassadors Steering Committee. What
you might not know is that I am also a member of the Fedora
Documentation Project and now on it's Steering Committee. My job/task
for each fedora release is as "Editor-In-Chief" for the release notes.

For FC5 I started in this position part way in to the test cycle so I
had a lot of learning to do in a very short time. With FC6 coming[1] we
have our docs schedule[2] posted. For FC5 we had only a small handful of
translations. I would like to see if we can expand this for the FC6
release now that I have my feet a little more under me. This got me
thinking about where I could seek help in this "dream." Was not until
today talking to MrTom, [splinux] and ruimoreira in #Fedora-Mktg that
the ambassadors project might be the perfect place to reach out. What a
great way to help spread the word about Fedora than in your own
language. Don't know why I did not think of it before.

I do not want to take up anymore time on this list for this topic. If
you think you might be interested in helping out with a translation,
feel free to drop by #Fedora-Docs on Freenode[3] or join the mailing
list[4].

For more information about translation Check out the L10N[5] and Docs
Translation[6] pages on the Wiki. There are also pages on the
fedora.redhat.com[7] site to help get you started.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule
[3] http://freenode.net/