[Ambassadors] Open Source in school presentation

Pawel Sadowski mcgiwer at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 4 17:44:39 UTC 2006

On 04-09-2006, mon at 23:09 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> Pawel Sadowski wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > On 22-24 September there will be a conference "Open Source in
> > Administration and Education" in Warsaw. I will have a speech on "Open
> > Source in school". I will also have a booth with Fedora gadgets (T-
> > shirts, DVDs and leaflets). The presentation time will be something
> > about 30 minutes. I would like to ask you for an idea on what I can say.
> > I have a preliminary sketch of the presentation, but would like to ask
> > you for a feedback. I have downloaded Linux EduCD, a Live-CD focused on
> > the applications for school and will install some packages used there to
> > show during the presentation. Do you have any other ideas what I can
> > show?
> >
> > I have added the event to FedoraEvents. Its website: www.educon.pl.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pawel Sadowski
> >
> > --
>
> Kindly add more information to Fedora Events page at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents. If you could show us the
> presentation, we can help improve it.

It will be rather a live-show than just presentation. As slides, I will
show just the intro information page about the topic and me, questions &
answers slide and a closing slide. The rest will be presentation of
applications that can be used in school (both, for teachers and
students). I would be grateful if you could propose some worth-showing
apps to present.

All based on Fedora of course ;)

Regards,
Pawel