[Ambassadors] FAMSCO Re-Election

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 01:43:20 UTC 2006

Dear Ambassadors!

As you could have read in the Meeting Minutes of the latest FAmSCo
meeting, FAmSCo has decided to hold a round of elections, to ensure we
keep the community engaged and get some new blood into the Committee.

Please visit the FAmSCo page, from where the Election Rules as well as
the Nominations page are linked.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee

Anyone who is a member of the Ambassadors group in the Fedora Accounts
System is eligible for nomination.

All candidates MUST self-nominate, by adding their name, IRD nick, as
well as a short candidate profile to the Nominations page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Election/2006Nominations

Why self-nominate? Because we only want people who understand and are
willing to accept the commitment to serve on the Steering Committee.
This can mean spending a lot of time and work, but it also means that
you will have an opportunity to shape the future of this project.

What if you know JUST the right candidate and you wish they ran for a
seat on FAmSCo? Well, you can write them a personal email and suggest
they add their name to the ballot, or you can suggest their candidacy
on the list.

The nomination period will be open for fifteen days, closing at
23:59:59 UTC on September 26th.

After this, there will be a two-day break, during which we will make
sure all candidates are indeed willing and eligible to be on the
ballot.

Then the election period opens on Friday, September 29, 2006, 00:00:01
UTCand continues for one week, closing on Thursday, October 05, 2006,
23:59:59 UTC.

During this time you will be able to submit your votes by the Fedora
Voting System. I will explain the details of voting process in a
separate email in a few days.

Current FAmSCo will continue business as usual until the election of
the new FAmSCo.

So here, the floor is open for the candidates!