[Ambassadors] Support ?

Frederic Hornain fhornain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 07:07:15 UTC 2006

**Dear *,

Yesterday, I talked with one of my client about Fedora and Red Hat and what
is the difference between both.
Then he explained me what he does with Linux at his company.
Indeed, at the begining he was using MySQL on Fedora for little applications
without a lot of importance
Then with time these applications came bigger and bigger as well as critic
for his company.
So, now he would like to have a strong support cause he is afraid
about problems that he could not resolve in time.
So I recommanded him to switch to Red Hat.
However, he asked me a question that I was not sure to answer correctly.
So I told him that I will look for the right answer and I will give it back.

That is the reason of this post.

His question was :
Ok, Red Hat can offer me supports for its distribution.
However, is Red Hat support MySQL which is contained in his distribution or
does I have to register at MySQL also to have its specific support?
Waiting after your answers, my friends.
Thanks in advance for you replies

Best Regards
Fred