[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors

Giuseppe pignataro gpex at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 2 01:07:23 UTC 2007

________________ Messaggio originale ________________
Oggetto:	[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors
Autore:	Francesco Ugolini <francesco.ugolini at fedoraproject.org>
Data:		01 aprile 2007 21:11:56

I know that it isn't an happy discussion but it's necessary to solve
this BIG problem: Many ambassadors are inactive both in real world and
virtually (M-L, weekly meetings etc...).

I think we have to find a solution and my proposal is this one:

- After a year of inactivity an Ambassador will be marked Inactive (in
both personal and global ambassadors pages).

- If he will do anything for six month after he will be marked inactive
he/she will be deleted from AccountSystem and Ambassadors Mailing List.

At the moment of the subscription an advice will alert new member of
this condition.

The Ambassador that server for two years (or  virtually and really (both
are required) the Project will be nominated to be Honored Ambassadors.
Naturally only the members chose by FAmSCo will receive this status.

- Every year FAmSCo will nominate no more than 7 Honored Ambassadors
from community and 3 from RedHat employers that will feed the requirement.

- The difference with the normal Ambassador is that Honored Ambassadors
will be permanent ambassadors.

This is my proposal, now we have to discuss about this one.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini
--
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FrancescoUgolini

+1 for the francesco's idea and +1 for the problem of mak.