Re: [Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 21:11 +0200, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> I know that it isn't an happy discussion but it's necessary to solve
> this BIG problem: Many ambassadors are inactive both in real world and
> virtually (M-L, weekly meetings etc...).
>
> I think we have to find a solution and my proposal is this one:
>
> - After a year of inactivity an Ambassador will be marked Inactive (in
> both personal and global ambassadors pages).
>
> - If he will do anything for six month after he will be marked inactive
> he/she will be deleted from AccountSystem and Ambassadors Mailing List.
>
> At the moment of the subscription an advice will alert new member of
> this condition.
>
> The Ambassador that server for two years (or  virtually and really (both
> are required) the Project will be nominated to be Honored Ambassadors.
> Naturally only the members chose by FAmSCo will receive this status.
>
> - Every year FAmSCo will nominate no more than 7 Honored Ambassadors
> from community and 3 from RedHat employers that will feed the requirement.
>
> - The difference with the normal Ambassador is that Honored Ambassadors
> will be permanent ambassadors.
>
> This is my proposal, now we have to discuss about this one.
>
> Regards
>
> Francesco Ugolini

I think that this is a bad idea.  There are some Ambassadors that
contribute in the dvd stakes.  If they don't show up to the meetings
well they aren't considered an Ambassador?

I understand what you are trying to do however I think its the wrong way
to go about it.

Regards,

Marc Wiriadisastra