[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors

Tejas Dinkar tejasdinkar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:21:18 UTC 2007

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007, Francesco Ugolini sent out 2.5K bytes to say:
> 1) When i used the word inactive I'm referring to people who doesn't
> anything, and as I've said a lot of time is not the meeting absence that
> make an ambassador inactive.

I think that, if we are bent n distinguishing between active and
inactive definition. Perhaps on the wiki?

I will admit I may have missed it, but what EXACTLY is the point of
flagging an Ambassador as inactive?

Are we planning to `kick` them off `the list`, so that they aren't going
to steal top-secret um.... secrets?

The original post mentions that some ambassador did not reply when he
was contacted. I agree that this is a problem. Rather than kicking those
who don't respond out, how about another solution? LEt those who want to
be contacted, have a little contact-me-for-help flag near their name.
Thos ambassadors who DON'T have enough time to speak to Joe Random, but
want to help us in other ways, like at events, write about fedora, promote
fedora to special groups (the govt, fedora in edu) don't really need to
have a flag next to their name.

Even if there are a ton of ambassadors who are totally inactive, so
what? We are here to BUILD A COMMUNITY. It's what brings projects
together, not just open source ones. We aren't going to turn around to
some other distro and say "so wtf if you have more
users/packages/ambassadors than us, WE have more dedicated ambassadors!"

Some ambassadors don't really have enough time to be in _any_ of the
meetings,  as they don't really have any opinion on any of those
particular topics, and they don't plan on going to those events.

However, I'm sure that when the time comes for an event they _are_ going
to, and a topic they _are_ interested in, they'll make time

> 2)Honored ambassador will not be an elite but a group of people who
> distinguish themselves for their work. Is not the same thing that happen
> in many company: people who work a lot received a recognition, this
> recognition is the status of permanent ambassadors.

What happened to those ambassador awards anyway?

Getting presents in the mail sure made a lot of people feel good :D

Lets think positive, instead of trying to punish those who helped us
once, and then decided to sit on the fence until something interesting
comes along?

PS: Yes I know this post is rather hypocritial.
--
Tejas Dinkar
http://gja.in