[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors

Robert Whetsel rwhetsel at ravensong.com
Wed Apr 4 06:12:53 UTC 2007

Sorry Thomas I had to step in and make a statement.

160s email on a things that takes you away from your goals is not a positive
use
of time. This is why, I stop going to the meetings, this is why I gave up my
Global Ambassadors' title. By your definition I am inactive, however last month
I gave 2 Linux Install Fests (Fedora being one of the three used) for two
colleges and use Fedora in the operating system class for the College. But, I
no
longer speak as an Ambassador. Spend more time on getting the word out about
Linux and quite wasting time on trivial issues. Like debating over who should
be
a member of the new secret cool special Ambassadors' club or active/inactive
Ambassadors. The rest of this stuff outside of sharing Fedora is just noise.

REMBER: What are the roles and goal of an Ambassador?

I'll issue this as a goal and challange:
You have 150 ambassadors (active/inactive); I challenge you to get a 150 new
users in April. I'll even lend a hand, I have 7 from my class and 12 from the
first Install Fest.

--
Cheers,

Robert C. Whetsel

  “No I'm not a rocket scientist; I just play one on T.V.”