[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 13:41:20 UTC 2007

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, somebody wrote:

> Personally i prefer 100 people that work than 400 that do nothing.

Just because you don't see the work happening doesn't mean that it isn't
happening.

I, personally, am a BIG FAN of allowing people to do whatever they can,
whenever they can.  I am also a BIG FAN of allowing *anybody who wants
to* to be ambassadors -- or even (gasp) to *call* themselves ambassadors,
even if they don't always do very much.

I will therefore fight anyone who tries to assert that "I am an
ambassador, but you are not."  I'll fight it pretty damned hard, in fact.

===

Now.  That said, I welcome the idea that some ambassadors *clearly* spend
more of their time and effort to "make things happen".  Thomas Chung is
clearly the gold standard here, and he has been rewarded as such.

Ambassadors, your efforts to recognize one another are laudable and
correct.

Be sure that you are recognizing individuals for their success, and not
"penalizing" people for "not doing enough work."

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager