[Ambassadors] Report: ICT Week, PETRONAS University of Technology

On 14-16 April 2007 theres an ICT Week event at PETRONAS University of
Technology (UTP), MohdIzharFirdaus (me) was representing Fedora there
at our LUG booth on 15-16 April ..

The booth was a success and I managed to distribute 50 Fedora 6 DVDs
among students and some staff in UTP .. besides Fedora , 50 Ubuntu
Ultimate was also distributed by a Ubuntu group in our LUG ... we also
promoted to the visitors our local mirror of the Fedora & Ubuntu
repositories - to help them to adopt linux

not much activity was being done besides explaining to people who
stopped at our booth about Linux and Free / Open Source Softwares,
showing alternatives softwares that FOSS can provide etc ... I also
distributed more than 150 flyers/brochures about Fedora & Fedora
Project ...  as expected, Beryl always impress people ...

The students generally  shows lots of interest about both of the
Distro ..  2 of them actually came back on the second day of the booth
saying that they installed fedora on their desktop ... and I can see
more members in our #linux channel of our LAN IRC network ..

** Problems faced **

* trying to explain about how to install fedora to the people who dont
understand the word "partitioning" ... I couldnt find a way to explain
this to them and how to do it ...  for those who understood
partitioning and how to do it, i just told them to create 10GB of
unallocated space and let anaconda handle the partitioning
automatically ...

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail