[Ambassadors] About Meeting

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 3 18:07:36 UTC 2007

Hi Walter,

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007, Walter Cervini wrote:
> I got a big project with a Government Agency where we are migrate 300
> PC's from Windows XP to Fedora Core 6 and 6 Windows 2000 Server to
> Fedora Core 6 with the following Services:

congratulations first, but it sounds very strange, maybe even dumb to me,
to migrate a server to Fedora Core 6. The product life time is very less
and Fedora is EOL in about a 5-6 months at least. Of course, Fedora is a
big step, but having critical machines running at Fedora doesn't seem to be
fine for me (not that Fedora would be worse, but do you really want to
upgrade the servers every 13 months?).

Greetings,
  Robert