[Ambassadors] swag at FOSDEM

Frederic Hornain fhornain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 11:35:21 UTC 2007

Dear *,

Indeed, I would be more in accordance with the Gerold Kassube's way of
thinking.

In any case, for that kind of event but not for commercial event like
Linuxworld and so on which are more business oriented and where a part
of visitors does not have or does not understand obligatorily what is the
Open source community's way of thinking.
You see what I mean.
- For instance a guy which have the "Ms attitude" will not
obligatorily understand why he should have to give a donation in order to
have a swag. -

Of course, we have got exceptions like linux solutions in Paris which is an
hybrid cause it regroups the both kind of person.

Anyway, you will see the FOSDEM is more technaly event, a big familly
party even if a lot of IT managers, experts and so on are there. So no
problem here for donation.
However I just notice you that other communities like Open Suse are going
like previous year to offer tee-shirt and so on to visitors.

Well, in addition I think that nevertheless we should offer sometimes swag.
Anyway, to people who demonstrates a permanant use of fedora or a real
interest.
It will be to ambassadors to define it.

Best Regards
Fred

On 2/13/07, Gerold Kassube <gerold at lugd.org> wrote:

> > Pen or Sticker -- 1 euro
> > DVD -- 2 euros
> > Shirt -- 10 euros (is that too much?)
> ^^
> I personally prefer the word(s)
>

> DONATION (for)
>
> a minimum of XX EUR for ... is expected ...
>
> any other five cents? Because these here are mine
>
> :-)
>
> Regards
>
> Gerold

Olpc mailing list