[Ambassadors] leaving Fedora Ambassador's project

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sat Feb 17 20:00:49 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 February 2007, Robert Whetsel wrote:
> I feel as I did not get to know many of you as well as I would have liked.
> Part of my leaving is that a lot of us do not really understand the
> responsibilities and duties of a Ambassador, let alone what is the big
> picture of Linux and the concepts open source.

Your exit will be a great loss to this project.

It is very unfortunate that this project has fallen to an almost total lack of
focus.  Original objectives have been ignored; the same, flawed ideas have
been repeated.

Time has prevented me from participating at the level I would like.  It has
been difficult to continue delivering my ideas to this group.  I would very
much like to see the Ambassadors project succeed, but making that happen will
take vision from both leadership and new contributors.

We have both seasoned contributors and new faces that are still looking for
the next step participating or lurking in this list.  The voices of
experience would do well to look for and engage the new people, to guide them
in becoming more active contributors.  The infrastructure that this group now
has took time and effort to develop.  A great deal of thought has been put
into how things work, and now we're talking about making haphazard changes
without understanding their consequences.  Take a step back and consider
whether or not these changes are really in the best interests of the
long-term goals of this project.  The effort now being put into making
changes could be put to much better use achieving the goals of the project.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://n-man.com/