[Ambassadors] Poll ?? No!!

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sun Feb 18 03:40:53 UTC 2007

On Saturday 17 February 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> >> Moving to a different mailing list or opening existing ones more has
> >> zero effects on the CLA.
> >
> > True, but the variety of decisions taken and actions considered do
> > have a relation to
> > - CLA.
>
> Yes, but none of them actually change because of any mailing list
> movements.
>
> > - reimbursement (to whom ?? fedora Ambassador ?? is there a difference
> > being A fedora Ambassador?? What are the exceptions?? )
>
> Again none of these change. Ambassadors would continue to get reimbursed
> or not depending on the event etc as usual.

I believe his point is that, at present, anyone on this mailing list is
supposed to have completed the CLA.  The marketing list doesn't have that
requirement, so merging them would make it more difficult to keep track of
what list members have what privileges and status.  Sometimes there will be
discussions where the subject matter applies only to contributors that have
completed the CLA.  Those discussions would become considerably more complex,
and any measure of propriety would be lost.  Also, anything delivered through
the mailing list that we would want to use elsewhere would have to be checked
for an applicable CLA.  That requirement already exists on the Marketing
list, but we have worked hard to eliminate that need on this list.  While
this does not stand alone as a reason not to merge the lists, it is one of
many factors to be considered.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com