[Ambassadors] Fedora-blog.de

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 18 19:42:03 UTC 2007

Hello there,

Mind you, I'm not fighting with the author of
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/77#comment-32151

I quote
January 17th, 2007 at 5:16 pm

[…] Mark Shuttleworth, seines Zeichens Gründer des populären Ubuntu
Linux, schreibt in seinem Blog folgendes über Red Hat und Novel: …
We've already seen that with Red Hat and Novell, which essentially
offer free software on proprietary terms - their "really free"
editions are not certified, carry no support and receive no systematic
security patching. In other words - they're beta or test versions. …
[…]

But, I only think using "fedora" name on a "never ending fight between
distros" thread isn't appropriate, not good for fedora marketing. At
the same time, it isn't up to the standard of a Fedora Ambassador!
Especially on delicate matters.

Thereby, I'm requesting you, Heiko Adams, that in the future, please
use your real name or a nickname to express YOUR feelings or ideas.
Because, they aren't fedora's! (neither the message of Fedora nor that
of its contributors.)

I support what GregDekoenigsberg said in
http://gregdek.livejournal.com/8978.html

I quote:
""But leave the FUD at the door, dude. ""

Yes, Leave the "Fedora" brand away from lame discussions which might
tarnish our work and our community.

Thanks,
Chitlesh GOORAH
--