[Ambassadors] bonus packages install

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 31 04:30:08 UTC 2007

On 1/30/07, nihed mbarek wrote:
> Hi,
> In tunisia, many peoples don't have internet connexion.
> I write with my friend (haytem ben tanfous) bash to make local repo of
> packages in the cd (bonus package) and launch the setup of yumex to have a
> beautiful interface to the begining users.
> finnaly, he launche yumex with the local repo.
> i change keepcache to 1 in the /etc/yum.conf to make a save of the rpms that
> i downloads.
> i copy all packages in the repo directory and i make : $createrepo .
>  the tree of the cd is :
> CD -|-repo.sh
>        |-repo-|all packages

Hello,
When I was working on kadischi, I wrote a small GUI for rsync a
complete fedora repository. Here is my code:
http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~chit/rsync_repo.tar.bz2

Perhaps that might be useful to you :)
you can execute it with
python rsync_repo

However, it's been more that 3 months, I haven't look at the code, if
it's broken let me know :)

Keep it up :)

Chitlesh
--