[Ambassadors] Important Reminders for LinuxTag (and other events)

Ambassadors,

There are a large number of us who will be in Berlin next week for LinuxTag.

A few reminders:

When we are there, please remember that when we are at the actual LinuxTag event, at the hotel, or out at a bar, we are all representatives of the Fedora Project. We need to be well-mannered, polite, respectful, etc. All that obvious stuff. People will remember how you act, and remember what group you represented.

This is particularly important at the hotel -- there are somewhere between 20 and 30 of us all staying at the same hotel. We need to remember that we're not the only people there -- not be too loud at night, not get in the way of other guests, etc.

And now, the most important thing:

If you are going to "work the booth" at the event, ACTUALLY WORK THE BOOTH. If you want to go on your laptop and read email, that is fine, but take yourself and your computer AWAY from the booth to do it.

I want our setup to look and be as professional as possible. And that means that we have a few people who are standing up, actively trying to speak to people who are stopping by, and explaining to them what Fedora is. If the people at the booth are looking at their computers, it doesn't seem very friendly.

I warn everyone in advance that I'm going to be a bit "mean" about making sure that we present a very professional face.

Remember the key points about Fedora 7:

Fedora is an open platform for innovation.  Think about those 3 words:

OPEN -- the entire Fedora Process is now completely in the community

PLATFORM -- we provide a huge number of RPMs and a "suggested" ISO. But people can expand and build on what we provide however they want

INNOVATION -- Fedora is where we always push to do new things, and include the newest free software technology

If you are a "Linux User"
	* LiveCD is very useful to you, easy demonstration
		* LiveUSB stick also
	* Revisor is very useful to you, easy customization
	* All the latest from upstream

If you are a "Linux Developer"
	* The "open toolchain" of Koji, Pungi, and Revisor
* Build your own Fedora appliance exactly the same way that the Fedora Project does * Customization of the distro, including 3rd party RPMs, at build time.

thanks,
Max

--
Max Spevack