[Ambassadors] FOSDEM -Brussels- Kick off

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Sat Nov 24 12:03:25 UTC 2007

Op vrijdag 23-11-2007 om 10:22 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Frederic
Hornain:
> Hi,
>
> I glad to announce you the FOSDEM 2008 project start.
> it will take place on 23 and 24 February 2008
> So, we have approximately three month to prepare it.
> And everybody is welcomed to participate in order to make it successful.
> At that time we are three who have plan to be their.

Heh, well count me in too.

> Some questions still remains :
>
> Is it be a problem for the Fedora Community if we share our
> development room with CentOs as we did last year ? ( Go to the Fedora
> Fosdem 2008 wiki web page for more details - see below- )
> Would Fedora community agree to share its development room with Red
> Hat JBoss ?  I know we are on Fedora mailing list and it is not
> appropriated but as Fedora and Jboss are part of Red Hat and it will
> make like easier to FOSDEM Team to Group us  together. That is why I
> did it.

I tend to prefer sharing with CentOS, as both projects are mainly about
the distribution, whilst JBoss is something totally different. It could
lead into some confusion.

> Do you know a point of contact for JBoss community for such event ? -
> What is about marketing stuffs ? what do we need ? How are we going to
> proceed ?

As we've still got three months, why not use this particular event as
the official testcase for the Store SIG?

> Do you know fedora people who could be interested to present their project ?

Probably a lot of people :-). It would be nice to focus on some projects
that aren't to much in the spotlight, but tend to be important to
Europeans, like L10N. It's a developers conference, let's try and get
some developer-oriented sessions. Fire up those proposals!

> Thanks a lot for your help.
> Feel free to contact me if you have any question, remarks and so on...
>
> Rem: All details would be at the following URL :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/FOSDEM/FOSDEM2008
>
> Frederic Hornain
> Have fun with F8.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FredericHornain

Bart
--
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93