[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee Election

Pablo Barrera pablo.barrera at proyectofedora.org
Mon Nov 19 21:47:17 UTC 2007

Hi all...

> I agree the Ambassador group seems to have lost some steam since its
> initial beginnings.  Though, there still are several parts of the
> world accomplishing very good things for Fedora.  I am not sure if
> getting rid of the Steering Committee is the right way to correct
> things though.  That seems like it might fragment things even further
> into isolated pockets of ambassadors.  It might also make
> reimbursements tougher, as well as adding another hurdle for new
> ambassadors to really get started.  I know the aid of FAmSCo helped me
> out a lot during my first event planning for the Ohio Linux Fest in
> 2006.

Yes, but Live in USA. For Fedora in USA is more easy. What about the rest of
the world. We are Fedora too.

I think the Steering Committee can still provide a valuable role, it
> just needs some energy injected into it - which this election can be
> the opportunity to do.

All the processes are so complex to make all. Become ambassador is complex
Everything becomes complex. including
the vote process. For new ambassadors are too much complex.

As for the number of meetings.  The meetings page says they are still
> supposed to be meeting every 2nd Monday of the month.  The meeting
> minutes do only show one meeting for this year.  While I think the
> Steering Committee should have a more active meeting schedule than
> that - I don't think the solution is to scrap that committee - rather
> use this election to change things.

Not scrap! not at all. Modify the dynamics of the FAMSCO. I am not agree to
dissolve, but we need to evolve too...

What does an ideal Steering Committee look like to me?  A group of
> energetic leaders, helping lower the hurdles for both Ambassador
> membership *and* make putting on an event easier.  A group of people
> that can take things to the Fedora Board when needed for ideas that
> can reshape the Ambassadors.  A group of people that listen to
> Ambassadors from each region to help improve the Ambassador group as a
> whole.  A group of people who are active on the mailing lists - both
> in supporting other people's events and ideas and bringing new ideas
> to the table.

+ 1

Pablo Barrera
http://www.proyectofedora.org