[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee Election

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Mon Nov 19 21:56:54 UTC 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 4:47 PM, Pablo Barrera <pablo.barrera at proyectofedora.org> wrote:
> Yes, but Live in USA. For Fedora in USA is more easy. What about the rest of
> the world. We are Fedora too.

Well, shipping is cheaper.  :)   Fedora Ambassadors in the US have our
hurdles as well.  Obtaining swag to give away is not clear cut and
simple, so even US ambassadors have hurdles.  In fact, at times I am
envious of some of the organization Ambassadors have in other parts of
the world.  There are some really good things happening outside of the
US.

Point taken though.  The Steering Committee needs to consider hurdles
that might be specific to each region and should be a hurdle in and of
itself.

> All the processes are so complex to make all. Become ambassador is complex
> Everything becomes complex. including
> the vote process. For new ambassadors are too much complex.

This is a challenge the new Steering Committee could take on.  What
can we do to lower those hurdles?  Not all hurdles can necessarily be
done away with - but some could be lowered or at least clearer steps
on how to pass a hurdle.  I think a Steering Committee with community
input could make strides to solve these issues.

> Not scrap! not at all. Modify the dynamics of the FAMSCO. I am not agree to
> dissolve, but we need to evolve too...

Evolving is good.  Maybe maintain a Steering Committe with a specified
number of Regional Seats for each region?  That would help make sure
each region's issues are accounted for and also helps with time zone
differences when newer Ambassadors have questions about a process or
hosting an event.

--Jeffrey