R: R: R: [Ambassadors] The weekly ambassador meetings

Gerold gerold at lugd.org
Wed Oct 31 10:30:18 UTC 2007

> On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 13:27 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, francescougolini at aol.it wrote:
>> > - Ubuntu: there is an internet form where everybody can ask for CDs
>> (for
>> > events more than 1)
>>
>> I don't think we'll ever have the budget to do that.  It's a
>> disadvantage
>> for us, yes, but one we have to live with.
>
> Hmm. Greg, in our Red Hat Cool Stuff Store in EMEA we offer the Fedora 7
> DVDs for *external* customers for only 0,90€ which is roughly 1,25US$. I
> may tell you that it is far cheaper for internal people. So, basically,
> if we really wanted to, I am pretty sure that we could organize
> something ... even without corporate funding.
^^
It's a topic on the FAD EMEA November 2007, owned by Joerg Simon who will
show and tell what we'll do in EMEA ...
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD/FADEMEA2007

>> > - Gnome: there is (only for Gnome contributors) a box that you can
>> > request for a specific event and then give them back.
>>
>> Now this is something I think we *should* be able to do.
>
> This is something which I would really like to support! We probably
> would need one box for every interested region.
^^
... also a topic on the next FAD,  owned by Fabian Affolter to present it
to all ...
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD/FADEMEA2007

Matthias, can't you attend? Haven't you got the invitation? Let me know, I
will also invite you (again) ...

regards

Gerold