Re: [Ambassadors] Confirm your FAD EMEA 2008 attendance

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Sandro red Mathys wrote:

Hi Francesco

Thanks for the feedback. Some additional information which might be useful
to you (and other ambassadors from northern Italy).

I'm not sure where in Italy you live, but I once checked the cheapest
option for people from Milan to Basel. Far cheaper than flying was taking
the train. I checked this on the Swiss Federal Railway's website
(http://www.ffs.ch/).

Depending on your age (older/younger than 25/26) it's EUR 120.-/150.- for
both ways (normally). There's also a limited number of cheaper tickets
available for only EUR 40.- for both ways!

The special offer requires you to buy the ticket at least 14 days in prior
to the travel and is valid for a specified day and train only. It's not
possible to refund/exchange these tickets once you bought them. And as I
mentioned, there's a limited quota - better buy them soon!

I uploaded a PDF[1] to my webspace showing the different prices and even
the exact trains I recommend (unless you can't afford to spend the whole
Friday for your travel).

You can also see, that if it's a Cisalpino, the journey will only take you
a little over 4hrs from Milano Centrale to Basel SBB without the need to
change trains!

Regards,
red

[1] http://sandro-mathys.ch/SBB_TicketShop_1196.pdf