[Ambassadors] How to Organise Fedora Event in my Region

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 26 09:52:21 UTC 2008

2008/8/26 Rishikesh Sharma <rishikesh at fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi All,
>
> Please help me to organize a Fedora Event in my region for the first time.
> What are the required procedure to organize such event. I need assistance
> from you all.
>
> Regards,
> Rishikesh Sharma
> FA, Imphal, Manipur.

First thing stay in contact with the other ambassadors around you
(thanks Tushar for the availability). Secondly see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents and add your event there.

An advice: to request resources from FAmSCo you need to add your event
one month before the beginning of the fiscal quarter, for example now
you are late if you want to ask for resources for Q3 (September -
November), but if you are considering creating/joining an event in the
next quarter Q4 (December - February) you could be able to make the
request (then FAmSCo will decide about this one).

This was the formal side of answer, for the informal one I could only
say: remember when you are in a public event you represent Fedora, and
what you say is what people referring to Fedora. Another one: Be
friendly and mix the technical skills with the joyful side: people
will like this one.

For the technical side: if you have a booth try to organize it in a
well way so that people could see what Fedora people are offering
(e.g. show a demo station with fedora).

That's what I can say, naturally I'm pretty sure people around you,
like Tushar could be more helpful than me.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini

Naturally, feel free to ask here or FAmSCo.