[Ambassadors] Open source awareness seminar at GLS BCA first Year student.

ElectroMech electromech at electromech.info
Mon Dec 8 06:42:44 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I am glad to inform you that I had conducted one more seminar for Open
source awareness for 1 hour duration at GLS BCA department on Sunday 7 th
December 2008.

Now every body thinking about open source right from the starting of the
career.

There ware around 85 students present at seminar.

I feel the enthusiasm of the very young student.

They are so keen to know about every thing.

Some of the questions raised were:-

If linux is open source what about the security of the Linux ?

Why linux is virus free ?

What is the disadvantage of Open source ?

Why Linux is so stable ??

Some driver issue also discussed ?

What is the software we can use instead of adobe photoshop ?

I am going to provide 85 DVDs of fedora 10 to all students at free as fedora
ambassador.

I am thankful to Mr. Dhiren ( Student branch counselor ).

Also thankful to Mr. Abdul ( faculty member )

It was followed by the Open office presented by Sonal Madam ( MCA faculty
member at GLS ).

Do not have photographs will upload as soon as will get.

Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
16, Sun Rise complex,
Nr. Mansi cross Road,
Satellite Rd, Ahmedabad
25, The Emperor, Fatehgunj, Baroda.