[Ambassadors] What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 9 10:36:33 UTC 2008

2008/12/9 Robert Scheck <robert at fedoraproject.org>:
> Good evening everybody,

> Fedora EMEA e.V. also seems to be a mostly dead tree. Of course we have
> founded the association as legal vehicle. But it would be nice to see where
> my money, my membership fee, the 128 Euro per year are spent to. I now
> could assume, that the money is just collected and nothing happens or some
> guys of the board are buying and eating ice cream with, but I really hope
> that's not true. Fedora EMEA e.V. really needs to communicate a bit more to
> its members what they're doing and how the money is handled. Organisation
> is lacking much transparency and about their activities. AFAIK, a mailing
> list for the members of Fedora EMEA e.V. was created, I think it never was
> used yet. 128 Euro per year is IMHO too much for the current level of what
> seems to happen with the money. And for that money I could support the Free
> Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) with multiple membership fees per year.
> And sorry, just one cool bathrobe isn't a good reason for spending 128 Euro
> away per year. Without enough transparency and communication, it's like
> throwing the money out of the window of my room.

It's not a dead tree, it's a resource bridge, with the founds given by
the associate members and with some of "FAmSCo budget" cover part of
the costs of EMEA big events.

Q4 will be the crucial step toward a working Fedora EMEA e.V., most of
the money needed by the EMEA people will be bridge by this one, having
a better "resource distribution" infrastructure in EMEA and improving
the ambassadors experience.

I hope to be concrete. If I said something not clear or maybe wrong,
feel free to add your toguths.

BTW, Fedora EMEA is still alive and will open completely its wings soon :)

Regards

Francesco Ugolini