[Ambassadors] Fedora EMEA e.v. (was Re: What Fedora makes sucking ...)

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 9 13:27:12 UTC 2008

Hello Max,

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008, Max Spevack wrote:
> Here's the interesting thing:  In order to fulfill its mission, Fedora
> EMEA e.V. doesn't need any "members".  What is important is having
> members of the Fedora Project.

Fedora EMEA e.V. needs members to exist at all. At least the board + 1 if I
know correctly. So without any members, the organisation dies and the whole
money is transfered to the Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE).

> The non-profit is simply a safe, trusted place where resources can be
> held in escrow.
>
> Am I wrong?

No, I think you aren't wrong and I agree with you.

My main issue is regarding the membership fee: I don't know, whether I am
one of the less guys thinking, that giving 128 Euro per year to somewhere
out of my private pocket is too much money if I don't hear anything by that
organisation. And you surely can agree with me, that a simple message "we
have bought XYZ poloshirts for ABC" would have been not to much, when I am
now looking to the (by law allowed) representative part of the board, which
is of course excluding you as treasurer being non-representative as by the
statutes.

Maybe the 128 Euro per year are the real issue. Maybe we should reduce to
e.g. 12 Euro per year or similar, that people like me don't care about what
happens with the (my) money.

Greetings,
  Robert