[Ambassadors] exciting news for Fedora in LATAM

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 16:49:44 UTC 2008

Em Ter, 2008-12-16 às 13:46 +0100, Max Spevack escreveu:
> Re-posting from my blog:
>  	http://spevack.livejournal.com/70806.html
>
> It's my pleasure to inform the Fedora community that our long-time LATAM
> community superstar, Rodrigo Padula, has accepted a job with Red Hat's
> LATAM marketing team, and will officially get his red fedora on February
> 2nd.
>
> Rodrigo has been leading Fedora's event organization, community
> building, and OLPC efforts in that region of the world for about 4 years
> now, and I've always been impressed with his organizational skills and
> commitment to Fedora and free software. I have not had the opportunity
> to meet Rodrigo in person, but Greg and Dennis traveled to FISL last
> year and had an excellent experience.
>
> I'm really excited that Rodrigo has accepted this job, because it is
> another step in achieving the Community Architecture team's goal of
> ensuring that each region of the world has someone within Red Hat who is
> their primary point of contact for Fedora and community related
> activities. I firmly believe that the more we can push accountability,
> authority, and budget to local regions of our community, the more
> successful it will be, and the faster it will grow.
>
> Rodrigo's hire also gives Red Hat another person in the region who can
> serve as an evangelist, community builder, and open source advocate not
> just for Fedora, but for the entire company. We're going to be looking
> to Rodrigo for his advice and thoughts on the best time and place to
> organize our first FUDCon LATAM somewhere in 2009.
>
> Congratulations to Rodrigo on joining the Red Hat family.

This is really great!

Rodrigo has always been supportive for my work on Fedora and I'm glad he
will be able to spread the success we have accomplished in Brazil to
other countries in LATAM.

Recently, Mike McGrath pointed out in his blog that en_US.UTF-8 language
use has dropped below 50% in Smolt statistics. So I believe this goal of
ensuring that each region has someone as a point of reference will help
Fedora and Red Hat to improve community relations.

Congratulations Rodrigo!

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares