[Ambassadors] Fedora booth at IOTA convention at Science City, Kolkata.

Mani A a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 13:33:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:21 PM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> IOTA[1], a society under the Dept of IT, Govt. Of West Bengal is
> organising a convention on "Freedom in Computer Technology".[2]
> There will be eminent speakers[3] here. Also there will be people from
> corporate and universities.
> Participation if free.
>
> I have managed to secure a booth for Fedora.
> Also it gives the ambassadors from Eastern India the opportunity to
> meet up. (Unoffcially though).

Maybe we can make it official.

> So we need volunteers to attend the booth. Also I shall request all
> the Ambassadors from Kolkata and nearby to please come up so that we
> can meet.
>
> The date of convention is 26/27/28 Dec. 2008.

I am attending the convention on 27th and the 28th.

Booth will remain open from .... to .... hrs  ?

What activities are planned?

I think apart from
1. Fedora media
2. Other promotional pamphlets, etc
3. PCs running Fedora (any open hardware? killer technologies?)
we should have a few books on display at least.

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani