[Ambassadors] FAmSCo 2008 Activities and Events Report

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 22 17:18:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Question 1 - The reporting done here does not seem to be based on the
> Fiscal Year defined by Red Hat as March 2008-February 2009, but rather
> Jan 2008-December 2008.  Why was this chosen?  I have assumptions, but
> wanted to get a clear statement to help all Ambassadors understand.

The former FAmSCo was elected in Jannuary so I started counting new
members since that period. For the Budget, instead, we count the event
starting from Q1, so from december 2007.

> Question 2 - Also, would someone be willing to report based upon FY09
> as defined by Red Hat's budget?  As I believe it to be useful to stick
> to that budget for reporting.

Except that Q4 is missing in some chart, because it isn't closed yet,
all the other data where taken counting all the events (from
FedoraEvents page) and taking information from the
CommunityArchitecture budget distribution plan.
So, maybe I missed the point, btw, for a numeric POV budget datas
represents RH FY.

> Clarification - In the report, it is stated that FAD in North America
> was held 2008-10-10 (Friday), but it was actually held 2008-10-12
> (Sunday).  I hope this helps.

You are right, I just took this data from the main (or something
similar) FADs page. I'll correct this as soon as possible.

Thank you for your interesting points, I hope to have answered all
your questions, tell me if I missed the point and I'll try to give a
better answer.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini