[Ambassadors] Questions (may not apply here)

Andrew Jamison linux at blogmethat.net
Sun Dec 28 18:39:22 UTC 2008

Hello,
I was talking to some friends about Fedora and trying to use my new
found position of ambassador to help convey my message about fedora. I
ran into a question that I am sure is way over my head I told them i
would attempt to find out and get back to them so here it is

Can someone use Fedora Directory server to attach a local machine to the
FAS system? That is to say can you login to your computer at home using
your same login for the FAS.

Now they asked this because they were used to a windows domain and
thought this would allow them the experience of what a Linux based
domain equivalent would be.

Any ideas on how to explain this or links on where i can send them?

Thanks,
Andrew